Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My Hope Chest

There’s one thing you’ll find out about me quickly
I’m a hopeless romantic! And just to prove my bizarre nature to you, I’m letting you in on my secret place!
This is a collection of the things from my hope chest. After a series of rocky relationships, God reminded me of His promise to send me the One He custom designed for me! And meanwhile, it was my place to prepare. What better way to prepare and show God how I’m expecting His blessing than by working my dream for real! Venture with me in this voyage of love and crazy madness in my own pursuit of love as I know itthrough art! Enjoy!
The general style is very unique, which it speaks to my eclectic nature! A dash of vintage, rustic, backwoods-country, class, and an array of colors- yellows, blues, and reds! Sunflowers you know are a must, but it will be a hodge-podge of different elements! Here are a few things...
 Something Old...

My MawMaw, Sara Wiles

"...a gentle soul, strong hands, and a heart of gold, my great grandmother"
My Great Aunt, Lou Wiles

"...the passionate warrior voice that urges me to step out in faith, my great aunt"



  Something New... 
 A Camellia Flower for my hair.

Camellias are a symbol of passion-the flame in my heart, longing, purity, admiration, perfection, adoration, loveliness and beauty.
  Something Blue... 
 
The Locket

"both (pictures of my Great Grandmother and my Great Aunt) tucked ever so tightly behind the frames of this locket hugging my neck, but holding, keeping watch over my heart from above. "



 I'm still working on the Something Borrowed! 

I've also been working on wedding favor tags... these will go on the very special wedding favors I have planned! These will be revealed in the next week! But just for a sneak peak...here are the tags! And the general concept ;)

I'm going to make a custom stamp once I have the names, date, monogram. And there will be a special testimony story of how God brought us together for His glory on the tag!

Before
Tea Staining process to give a rustic/old world look! Easy and inexpensive! 




The vintage touch! Now I'm going to change out the white strings with hemp cord!




A painting I've been working on inspired by His promise to me! It's going to be the cover of my upcoming book "The Pursuit of Unfailing Love"


More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment