Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My Hope Chest...continued (pt. 2)

Recap...  (The full Hope Chest entry)
There’s one thing you’ll find out about me quickly
(Stellah Art Studios)
I’m a hopeless romantic! And just to prove my bizarre nature to you, I’m letting you in on my secret place!
This is a collection of the things from my hope chest. After a series of rocky relationships, God reminded me of His promise to send me the One He custom designed for me! And meanwhile, it was my place to prepare. What better way to prepare and show God how I’m expecting His blessing than by working my dream for real! Venture with me in this voyage of love and crazy madness in my own pursuit of love as I know itthrough art! Enjoy!
The general style is very unique, which it speaks to my eclectic nature! A dash of vintage, rustic, backwoods-country, class, and an array of colors- yellows, blues, and reds! Sunflowers you know are a must, but it will be a hodge-podge of different elements! Here are a few more things... 
 Guest Favors...
(Stellah Art Studios)
The vintage touch! Now I'm going to change out the white strings with hemp cord!

(Stellah Art Studios)

In the church I spent my teenage years, God laid an everlasting sermon illustration on my heart; it went something like this:
The Pastor was young boy going about his regular dinner routine, while his Mom was cleaning up the dishes. She walked back in the room and said, "Son, hold on to you fork! THE BEST IS YET TO COME!" Noting that even though he didn't know, dessert was on its way! The symbolism of holding onto that fork has stuck with me! In the same place God promised me the man He hand-crafted for me when I was 14, He gave me this to remind me! So, for our journey, I know God says the same, "Hold on to you fork! THE BEST IS YET TO COME!" Expectation is a knowing not only that He can do it, but that He will because wants to for us, because He loves us!

I started collecting old mismatched forks for our guest favors in September of last year. I plan to attach a story like this to the tea-stained tags as a remarkable reminder that God holds true to His promises, so that they too are reminded of this daily! <3
Center pieces...
(Stellah Art Studios)
Mason jars (~$0.50 each) + Jute Twine ($6.00 for one spool-will do plenty of jars and then some other knick knacks around) + The Perfect Blue Ribbon ($2.99 -I used 2 spools on 12 jars) = Cost effective center pieces!




You can add water and floating tea lights with some greenery or burlap runners ($2.98/yd and it's double the width you'll need) around the bottom for that perfect shabby-rustic-vintage look! Or you could add a few simple wild flowers to add some more color! Spot on ;)




 On to the Grub....
If you know me well, you know I can throw quite the breakfast party... at night that is! I loved growing up surprising my parents with breakfast in bed. I also grew up addicted to fruit instead of sweets. Now nearly 23, I've cut loose and I actually enjoy those sweets ;) But, I've always thought it would be fun to have a breakfast-food party at my reception. I love the idea of pancakes and fruit (I LOVE waffles, but I think pancakes would be simple and quick to serve). And the natural color fruit adds to a setting definitely makes a statement (2 birds, 1 stone)! 

The Main Course...
(Photo compliments of Elsie Larson)
The Perfect Parfait Bar...
(Photo compliments of 4th Sense Cooking)
Yummy Dessert Cups
(Photo compliments of Savvy Soirees')

I am also thinking cupcakes are also fun and more cost effective than cake! And I can do that myself (They call me Betty Crocker)! I picked up some blue and white polka dotted cupcake wrapper/liners at AC Moore. Since I'm planning on making the colors a hodge podge of blues, reds, yellows, pinks, greens, oranges...who knows what I'll have up my sleeve...I'd love for the cake (groom-approved of course) to be red velvet with yellow-dyed cream cheese icing! Love the idea of blue/white polka dotted wrapper accenting the red of the cake with a delicate yellow on top! Ahhh!

The Cupcake Liners
(Stellah Art Studios)

(Photo compliments of Elsie Larson)

 More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment